Many thanks to Mr. Ami Fidèle of the poetry blog Perplexing Thoughts for the nomination of this award. Really Ami, you nominate me for more then I deserve Thank you very, very much.
Alright, now onto the rules for accepting.
1. Accept the award, post the picture of the Liebster Award on the top of your post and say who nominated you for the award and list their blog site. (Check)
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Award and list their blog sites.
4. Notify the bloggers of their award.
5. Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer when they accept their Liebster Award.
6. Answer the questions left for you by the blogger who gave you the award.
Alright, 11 random facts about myself.
• I wear glasses and I have worn them since I was 18 months old.
• I really, really, really looooove cats. I’ve got the heart of a crazy cat lady
• Even though I like to cook, I suck at making breakfast foods (I make everything else good though ^_^)
• I go through “Topic Boom” phases when writing, right now the topic of the moment is wings and dreams/dreaming. Love, however, is probably an infinite “boom” I will never grow out of.
• My favorite genre is romance, and my favorite kind of romance is tragic. I find myself incapable of writing a love poem and/or story and being satisfied with a happy ending. Whether it be by death or betrayal, tragic is always my way to go.
• 8 times out of 10 when I say I’m reading, it’s most likely to mean I am reading a manga instead of an actual book.
• I get terribly bad allergies around this time of the season, so I am braving this through itchy eyes and a stuffy nose.
• I’m not so good with names but I rarely ever forget a face. If I have seen you before, then I know it.
• I’m a Vincent Price fanatic, I absolutely love him. I’m pretty much an old Hollywood fanatic actually, I’m in love with all the class and glam the women had back then.
• Though I am one of those annoying people who don’t like accepting help from others, I am always open to helping someone else.
• My favorite style is probably Gothic Aristocratic, but I do have deep appreciation for 30′s-50′s
Now my nominees:
Question time! I’ll take a couple from Ami.
1. Why do you write?
2. Where is the one place you wish you could live?
3. If you had the opportunity to go back in time to do whatever you wish, would you take it?
4. What’s your writing process like?
5. Among your work, do you have favorite poem? If so which one and why?
6. What made you start writing?
7. What is your favorite topic to write about?
8. Who is your favorite poet or author?
9. What inspires you to write?
10. Is there someone famous that you admire? If so, who?
11. Which time period do you like the most?
And finally, answer time:
1. Why do you write?
Nothing special or different really. I just need something like an open field where I can let my imagination run wild and free. I don’t really have much talents in anything else so writing becomes that outlet, a place to express myself.
2. Do you play an instrument? If so, which one?
Sadly, no. There are a few that I would like to learn though, namely the saxophone, a very sexy instrument
3. In what style do you prefer writing?
I’m not very picky, it really just depends on what kind of mood I’m in. Most of my writings are in prose though, so that is probably the real answer.
4. What music is playing on your speakers right now?
At the moment, nothing. But on the speakers of my mind “Slow Burn” by the incredible, talented, beautiful, too-amazing-to-describe-in-words Starman David Bowie has been playing for a while.
5. Do you think in pictures when you write?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Mostly no.
6. What’s your writing process like?
Most of the time I am listening to a song and if I like the melody, I write what I think is fitting to the tune. Usually something just pops in my head and I just let the words flow but there are those sometimes that I have to think hard to know what exactly it is that I want to say. Then comes revision and such, and finally I am done. More than half of my poetry doesn’t make it on here though, to be honest.
7. Among your work, do you have favorite poem? If so which one and why?
This is a hard one. Heart and Soul and Beyond had been a favorite of mine for a while, I never knew why, but I do believe it has changed. I would have to say either As I Lay Dying or Wingless, A Dream or A Love Story because of the emotion behind them. I love almost all of my love poems actually, because they all are written with raw emotion and all have strong feelings running through them.
8. What’s your favorite book and why?
I never actually knew the answer to this question. I’ve read so many I can’t choose. If I can name my favorite manga does it count? If so, then InuYasha: A Feudal Fairytale, Rumiko Takahasi is the best!
9. What’s your favorite season of the year?
I could never answer this either. I love all the seasons for different reasons. Spring is very romantic to me, Summer is very hot and passionate and sexy, Fall is the cooling effect and beautiful, Winter is content and resting time. All of the season are my favorite I suppose.
10. Should you write to/about a specific person do your give the poem to them or do prefer to you keep it?
I prefer to keep something like that to myself. In certain situations, maybe I would give it to them, but overall? No.
11. Instead writing, what other art form can you imagine yourself expressing yourself through or already do express yourself through?
Definitely music because it is something that can touch a person’s soul, and is probably one the most true and intense artistic emotional outlet there is.
Many many thanks again to Monsieur Fidèle for the nomination, whose blog I admire very much myself. Have an amazing day everyone! XD